? How to attach a TV to a wall bracket ? How high to hang your flat screen on the wall ? There is a new trend for TVs in the living room and in the bedroom: the wall installation of TVs. The flat screen no longer rests on furniture, but is hung on the wall. Movie theater printing and space saving are the main advantages. And at the decorative level, this pose gives a modern and contemporary style to your home. Learn about the step-by-step method of fixing your TV to the wall. Wall bracket, screws, installation technique, everything you need to hang a TV on the wall How to hang a TV on the wall.
Plan de l'article
- Choose your wall bracket
- Before fixing the TV to the wall
- Steps to install a TV on the wall
- Precaution to have according to wall types
- How to hide the wires of a TV to the wall?
Choose your wall bracket
Attach a TV to the wall allows you to hide the power wires and even rotate the flat screen according to your needs. Despite this, strong fasteners are needed and often require drilling of your wall. For durable installation, choose a TV wall mount that is suitable for the weight of your screen and the wall building material.
Also to discover : Everything about custom packaging
First of all, you will need to choose the wall bracket that will allow you to hang your TV on the wall . To do this, you will need to consider different criteria such as:
- Screen size (usually in inches). The dimensions of the TV can impact the swivel system if the TV wall mount is swivel and tilt.
- The weight of the TV. The larger the TV, the higher the weight. Depending on the TV wall bracket models, the maximum load capacity varies.
- VESA standard: This standard defines the gap between the screws. It is necessary to take a bracket that has the sameStandard Vesa like your TV, otherwise the holes in the screws will not fit.
So it is necessary to purchase a TV wall mount suitable for the size and weight of the TV. These criteria are most important when buying a TV wall mount . Then, according to your tastes, needs and viewing angles of your TV, other elements will eventually define your choice:
You may like : How to plaster an exterior wall with cinder blocks?
- Fixed bracket
- Vertical tilt.
- 360 degree rotation.
- Equipped with a bubble level for easy assembly.
The variations are multiple and allow you to improve the viewing quality of the screen , as you are lying in your bed or in the sofa for example. In addition to saving space in the bedroom or living room, the work of fixing a flat screen TV to the wall improves everyday comfort.
Which wall bracket for TV to choose? How to attach your flat screen to the wall? What fixings to use? Depending on the weight of the TV and the material of the wall, the fasteners will change to attach a TV to the wall. The step-by-step guide for fixing and mounting your flat screen on the concrete wall or plasterboard.
Before fixing the TV to the wall
Now you have virtually all the elements in your hand. But before you start working, there are still a few choices to make. These do not depend on your tastes, but on the material in which the wall to which you intend to hang the screen is built. Indeed, each material needs specific screws so as not to have unpleasant surprises. Here’s what you need to know to determine the material that will decide on the correct fastening itself. Find out which fixing the TV wall bracket to choose depending on the type of wall (concrete, plasterboard,…).
Determine the material of the wall
To find out which fastening is suitable for your wall, you mustfirst identify the building material of the wall . You will find yourself in front different possibilities, but in most cases two options are possible:
- Either your wall is full and masonry: concrete wall, brick wall,…
- Either your wall is hollow: wall in placo, partition,…
If you have doubts about the nature of your wall, the best thing is to simply knock against the wall and listen to the noise. If the wall looks hollow, it’s placo. If it seems full, it is composed of concrete or bricks.
Choosing screws according to the wall
The screws will therefore be determined by the nature of your wall , the weight of the TV and the weight supported by the wall. To support the following weights, you will use dowels of the indicated diameters:
- Less than 20 kilos: diameter up to 6 mm.
- From 20 to 50 kilos: diameter between 6 and 8 mm.
- More than 50 kilos: more than 10 mm.
Once the diameter is fixed, choose your dowels according to the nature of the wall :
- Hollow wall: Expansive or expansion fins (Molly dowels).
- Solid wall: dowels with back pull.
The use of dowels and screws adapted to the material makes it possible to obtain a solid attachment of the TV wall bracket to the wall. Now you know what kind of bracket to use to hang your TV on the wall.
Steps to install a TV on the wall
You are now perfectly equipped to hang your TV on the wall. It remains only to roll up your sleeves and attack most of the work. To do this, you will need a few tools including a meter, a pencil, a bubble level, a mallet and of course the screws, the mounting bracket and your flat screen. It is Strongly not recommended to hang your flat screen on the wall without drilling to prevent everything from collapsing. Installation of a flat screen TV onthe wall is accessible to all DIYers. Now just follow the step-by-step method to easily hang your TV on the wall .
What height to install a TV on the wall?
To begin the work of fixing a TV to the wall, it is necessary to determine the best possible height of the screen to watch it . Before you pierce the walls, so you need to take the time to study the room.
The best way to know how high your TV should be mounted on the wall is to sit in your sofa and attach a point to the wall . This point will actually represent the center of the screen of your TV. Mark the place with a pencil. You don’t need to raise or lower your head to watch your TV. So she must be in front of you, otherwise stop the torticollis.
Trace TV wall bracket fixings
You will now draw other markers that will allow you to determine where the holes are . These marks will allow you to get a well-aligned wall bracket and especially straight thanks to the bubble level.
To take measurements and place markson the wall , here is the technique:
- Start by tracing the top of the bracket. For example, if your bracket is 50 cm tall, draw a 25 cm mark from the center marker.
- Then present your stand and adjust it using a bubble level.
- Draw the markers of the screws through the holes in the bracket.
A Once the marks are drawn on the wall, you should take advantage of it to check the diameter of the hole . Depending on the diameter of the dowels, usually from 6 mm to 10 mm depending on the weight of the TV, the drill to use with your drill will be different.
Attach the wall bracket to the wall
It’s time to place the wall bracket. To attach your TV stand to the wall , follow this step-by-step guide:
- Drill the wall in the indicated places.Care should be taken to break straight.
- Place the dowels in the holes.
- Present the wall bracket and adjust its position with the bubble level.
- Screw the screws to the bracket and into the wall.
If you used the correct fasteners (dowels and screws), your TV wall mount must be securely attached to the wall. All you have to do is turn on TV now.
Hang your TV screen on the wall
The final step is to perform the mounting of the screen from the TV to the wall . If you have taken the VESA standard into account when choosing the TV stand, you will have no difficulty installing the flat screen on the stand.
It remains only to hang your TV on the stand :
- Screw the fasteners to the back of the TV with the spacing between the fixing screws.
- For this stage, it is better to be two. Place the TV on the wall bracket without ensuring that the fasteners are positioned correctly.
- Be sure to correctly position the wiring (power cable, HDMI, optical,…) so that it is not visible. You can use a chute for better rendering.
- Place the safety bars for Finish hanging your TV on the wall bracket.
Your TV is in place! Whether it is a fixed, swivel or swivel TV stand, the steps for hanging the TV are the same. Now you can enjoy your new installation.
Video tutorial: mounting a flat panel on a wall bracket
To summarize the steps of mounting a flat panel to the wall, here is a video tutorial. Here you find out the step-by-step technique to successfully hang your TV on the wall.
Precaution to have according to wall types
For a massive wall, concrete or brick, there is no problem hanging your TV. On the other hand, hollow walls require some precautions . Indeed, you need to be sure that your wall is strong enough to withstand the weight of the TV.
How to fix a TV on a placo wall? You can learn more about the maximum weight that a wall of plasterboard can also withstand. Indeed, the weight of the TV should be supported by your wall. But rest assured, laying a flat screen on a placo wall is very common.
If necessary, you will need to reinforce your wall before you can attach your flat screen to it. It is possible to fix a heavy load on a plasterboard wall provided that the fasteners are reinforced with wooden or metal reinforcements. However, the use of fixings suitable for placo is sufficient in most cases.
How to hide the wires of a TV to the wall?
To hide the wires of your TV , you have two solutions:
- Either you hide them under moldings that will start from the skirting board to TV.
- Either you use the ultra-flat cables to attach to the wall and paint the color of your wall.
How to install a TV on the wall? How to hang a TV on the wall? Before you hang your flat screen on the wall, you need to choose the height of the TV, draw the markers, fix the TV wall bracket and mount the TV to its bracket. Steps to fix your TV screen to the wall.