Why do all major brands dream of a shop on the Champs-Elysées? Why have they invested the avenue to such an extent that today there are 110 shops, hotels, restaurants, cinemas and places of leisure whose windows follow one another at the foot of the buildings?
The answer flows from source, obviously: they are visible there: we pass ahead, we stop, we cannot miss them. And then it is the most famous avenue in the world.
See also : Huawei P20 Pro : Tips to Know
This is how the neighbourhood generates a billion euros in revenue per year according to the Champs-Elysées committee, thanks to the 300,000 visitors a day strolling there.
Unfortunately, if you just started your business, I have a bad news to announce: your offices or your sign on the Champs, it’s not for immediately.
Others readers like : How do you set up a Facebook chatbot?
On the other hand, you can make yourself very visible from the start on the Internet. And to the era of Web 3.0 is more than an opportunity: it is an obligation.
Exist on the Internet
Any business creation should be accompanied by the creation of a digital identity . And in the first place, of course, a professional site.This is the classic corporate website that will allow you to present your company, your products or services.
Depending on your needs and budget, you can:
- use a web agency that will take over the entire project by following your recommendations. It will also purchase the domain name, if necessary. This is the most appropriate solution if you have a large budget;
- ask an independent developer who will do the same as the web agency but with greater flexibility and often lower rates. However, care must be taken select this service provider correctly to avoid misappropriations;
- create your website yourself with CMS tools that are growing on the market. Thanks to WordPress for example, you will be able to build your own showcase on the Web without much difficulty. Similarly, Joomla! is considered easy to use. If you have a little time to spend on it and a limited budget, this is the most interesting solution; I recommend it;
- create a blog if you are willing to post content there regularly, in order to make it alive. Platforms like Blogger, more classic, or Tumblr, more original, can be very practical alternatives .
When you start your business, this first showcase is essential. And your digital strategy can be summed up to website.
Treat your SEO
Google is a bit of the Champs-Elysées of the Internet: everyone goes there, everyone is looking for something, and if you are not hidden in adjacent streets, everyone notices you.
Now, few users type the site name directly into the address bar. The American search engine became the first traffic generator.
The digital strategy must therefore be accompanied by a definition of keywords that allow the brand’s sites to appear in the first search results.
To do this, two solutions are available to you, which can — and in the best case must — complement each other:
- Optimize your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by selecting the most relevant words to define your activity. These keywords should appear as much as possible in the content of your site so that Google will identify which words return most often. The ideal is to choose words that, in addition to perfectly defining your business, are the most popular among Internet users. To do this, you can use the Google AdWords scheduling tool that lists them;
- Use Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to increase your chances of appearing on the first page of Google results, the most important. The results for paid SEO are the first two of the page, those preceded by the mention “announcement”. Mechanics is the same as for SEO: you need to select the most relevant keywords to increase your chances of success.
Positioning your company in the first page of results is the Holy Grail for all brands. And it starts with the name of your company : it should not be too complicated, but not too simple either. Also prefer a French name to avoid competing with the whole world.
other hand, remember that the more content you post on your site or blog, the more likely you will be to seduce Google’s algorithm. Feel free to hammer your editorial posts with keywords and make sure your tree is clear enough for robots to find their way there, especially thanks to a limited number of subheadings On the .
Build a “Content Ecosystem”
But if you want to harness the full power of the Internet, you need to build a true “content ecosystem”, according to the expression used by Stephen Strong, the interactive director of Alberto Culver.
So, in addition to the classic website, can you equip yourself with many tools in your “digital arsenal”:
- a Facebook page
- a Twitter account
- a Linkedin/Corporate Viadeo Profile;
- a more editorial-oriented blog with updated and tracked content
- a Youtube or Dailymotion account if you have videos to share
- a Flickr or Instagram account if you think posting photos could showcase your activity.
All of these tools are not mandatory and do not fit all types of business and industry. You need to know how to choose them with caution, evaluating the added value that each of them could bring to your brand’s digital identity.
Once selected, these tools must form this content ecosystem, that is, all these digital spaces respond to each other in order to create a common value while increasing the influence of each of them. These elements must work synergistically and speaking must be consistent. Thus, links to other ecosystem tools must appear on each of the spaces.
Use your network is your best ally
In the age of the social Internet, Internet users attach more importance to the opinions and publications of their friends and their relations than to traditional media . If one of your friends shares the link to your website on their Facebook profile, or if they send an email to their address book recommending your blog, the impact will be much stronger for recipients.
That’s why it is not necessary to hesitate to solicit his network . We all have a network: that of its sports club, its old school, its old company, the parents of students of the children’s school…
Contact these people one by one and kindly ask them to talk about your business with the tools they have on the Internet.
You do not suspect the power of “virality” on the Internet . Messages and content can be broadcast at incredible speed and in gigantic proportions, in a snowball effect commonly referred to as “buzz”.
Word of mouth is even more effective on the Internet than in reality.
So get your relationships involved!
E-commerce: both your showcase and your store
Do you want to get started in e-commerce? As well as the visibility of your site, its ergonomics will be of crucial importance.
In this case, the call for a highly competent web agency or independent developer is recommended, because on the quality of your space will depend on the success of your activity.
As in a physical store, the customer will get lost if it is a maze .
For every type of business and industry its digital strategy, but one thing is certain:
You have to control its visibility on the Internet, otherwise the Internet will take care of it for you. And it could play tricks for you!
Register for Free Personal Investments
Email: SUBSCRIBING I agree to receive an exclusive selection of offers from Personal Investment Partners. Trustpilot